Thursday, November 03, 2005

August 1990 - You should move to Tulsa

We went on our first trip together to visit a friend of hers in Arkansas. Her friends were a lot of fun, but didn't believe in air conditioning. We couldn't sleep. We talked a lot on our trip. We decided we didn't like seeing each other only on the weekends. As we were about 20 minutes outside of Tulsa, I said "you should move to Tulsa". It seems like she didn't blink. She agreed.

Earlier in the summer (June) her folks had moved to Edmond as did she. She went to work at a grocery store. In short order she was acting as the manager. When I convinced her to leave for Tulsa, they were about to make it official. They didn't want to see her go. Hind sight tells me I should have moved to OKC.

She moved to Tulsa and got a job at the mall. It was good because she wasn’t good with directions and the mall was at the end of the freeway. I continued to get dressed up and smelling good to go eat lunch with her or pick her up. I don’t recall that we did much more than when she lived in Ponca, but we were together. We’d grill up some country ribs on the hibachi and watch ‘In Living Color’.

I have tried to remember what exactly we did for fun, but all I can recall is being happy, being with her. It was clear quickly she shouldn't just live in my town, we should be married.

I love my Wife!