Monday, October 24, 2005

More AC problems

I can't belive it! This morning it got cold in Texas. Last night I was asked if I had turned the heat on just in case it became too cold in the house for the babies. I faithfully said "No problem, the unit is on automatic. If it gets too cold the heat will kick in." I was almost right. It did get cold and the unit did kick on. It kicked on blowing cold air. It is a heat pump and the outside unit didn't kick on. This means no heat. I got up this morning to a cold house and turned the heat up enough for the emergency heat to kick in. Finally it started heating.

I called the repair folks. They'll be by tomorrow. They'll let me know. . . if the repair will be covered by previous work or another opportunity for me to pay them. I can't wait!

Next time I think I'll shoot it and call another company to come install a whole new unit.

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Wezie said...

Wow! that thing is only 3 yrs old - I'd be irritated....
How about the smell that happens when you turn the heat on for the first time...I love the smell of burning dust in the morning..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home