Thursday, September 08, 2005

Being Positive

It is tough to be positive. It is easy to be negative. Think about sitting with co-workers. The talk always seems to head downhill. I have personally never experienced co-workers saying how lucky we are to have jobs, how well paid we are, how great are the benfits or even the work schdule. What is the effect? Does anything improve? Sure you can commiserate. I find the newest person in the group starts heading down the path toward being completely negative. It starts to be all consuming. I have been in many of these circles. I tend to be negative.

We should all strive to find the things each day that went well. It seems that the good things never get the proper attention. Its the squeaky wheeel syndrome. For my part I have placed a new feature on my site. On the right side under the Crowley Church of Christ Billboard will be a Thought for the day by 'The Daily Motivator'

3 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think the hurricane situation has helped me have a more positive attitude. when i see people who have lost everything, all my everyday aggravations seem pretty trivial. i don't even have to turn the tv on. CMS enrolled 18 new students so far this week. they are the ones i see walking down the hall holding their schedules, searching for the right classroom, and looking a little lost.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Wezie said...

Speaking of good, sustained effort - you wanna come over and comb for lice for the next week? I have a sign up sheet available.....

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so are you going to explain that itching and scratching motto? is itching good and scratching bad? or the other way around? or are they both bad? both good? help!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home