Thursday, September 29, 2005

Fall has arrived in Texas

Don't read this go outside quickly! I'll wait...

Wasn't it awesome? It may last for a few days. When I got up this morning and went outside, it was actually cool! For those that didn't know yesterday September 28th was the hottest day on record for 2005. It was 104 degrees out. Today is expect to only get to 76 and we should get down to the mid 50's tonight. I am very excited. Unfortunately I can't take the day off work to enjoy the FREE cool weather. So if YOU can please do and let me know what you did. I may leave weather.com up on my machine all day, enjoying the low numbers. Please, for me, go back outside and enjoy the weather!

4 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Wezie said...

The Autumnal Equinox signals the end of the summer months and the beginning of winter. At this time of year, days have been shortening since the Summer Solstice some three months earlier, and the Equinox is the point where nights reach the same length as days. After this point, the Sun will shine lower and lower on the horizon until the Winter Solstice in about three months' time.

In addition, it gets cooler and everyone is a little less cranky!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

we went to "duck park"! had a sonic picnic and they played and i enjoyed the first day of big gurl weather. yum!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger karen b said...

wezie, i'm having deja vu.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Joanie said...

Sitting at the Ranger game this afternoon, I did not think that Fall had yet arrived.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home