Thursday, September 15, 2005

My Silver Lining

I try to be a good father, but some things I am not used to doing. One thing that comes to mind is getting the kids up and off to school. I got the chance to practice this skill earlier this week. I say I got the chance because really I loved eating breakfast with my kids. I usually am out the door well before they wake. I learned my youngest son isn't just good at getting up when his alarm goes off. I think I have found out that he wants as much time as possible to eat a couple bowls of cereal. He usually reads Garfield comics while he eats. I learned my daughter can be extremely grumpy when she hasn't had a good 10 hours of sleep. She almost always changes her mind about the clothes she wears from what she picked out the night before. Her hair is harder for me to brush/ style than I thought. I did learn that her grumpiness can be tempered by offering her a drink immediately when she wakes. I mean night and day difference. I noticed I lean on my oldest boy to help me figure out 'how mom does it' a lot. He never complained.

Through all of this, and this is always true when she leaves, I missed my wife. I don't eat nearly as well, I am unhappy, have stress and don't sleep when she's gone. My 'cloud' had turned dark. She came back last night to the joy of all of us. The kids jumped up out of bed and even the dog wouldn't leave her alone. When I awoke this monring to the familiar foot to the back, I could look at her, talk to her, call her on the way to work and have lunch with her. I can't wait to get home to her.

I am glad to have my silver lining home!

3 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Joanie said...

I need a tissue!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Wezie said...

I got all taary-eyed and Preston said "whatever"....

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

I just saw this on Monday... everything still on cloud nine? real men can be tender and do blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home