Friday, October 14, 2005

Worth the wait


Yesterday was a banner day. I have been waiting months. I have been patient. I got to see progress nearly everyday. Finally yesterday it happened. The lights were on and orange barrels blocking the lot were gone. I swerved across traffic, trying not to create an accident. As an aside, when I moved to Texas I called the company and asked when they were moving in. They had begun placing stores on the other side of the metroplex. It would be a while before they made it to my side of town. As soon as we moved from our old house a store was opened up right next to my old house. It was quite a disappointment. A couple of other opened shortly afterward. THe problem is they were out of my way. DOn't let that fool you. I went out of my way to get there. Last spring I noticed the construction on my way to work. It was a totally unexpected location. Six months later it has opened. Texas finally has a quality convenience store. Nothing beats Guaranteed gasoline, great coffee and certified quality fountain drinks. The fountain drinks are delivered at 34 degrees so they won't melt the ice. A summer full of 49 cent QT Quarts are in my future. This is a great Tulsa based company. I made it through high school on their fountain drinks and a microwave ham and cheese hot pocket for breakfast. I trust them enough to eat a hot dog off their rolling hot dog warming area.

4 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger nairb said...

It is a treat everyday! In fact you've inspired me to go get some lunch. I'll check on the mugs. My old ones are practically worn out!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Trey Laminack said...

I'm guessing you own stock in QT.

Otherwise I'll have to believe that a properly cooled soft drink is the highlight of your day.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Wezie said...

Where is it? A friend of mine introduced me to QT a few years ago with the free refill cup...I think she depleted their supply of Caffeine Free Diet Coke...any guesses?

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger karen b said...

i drove by the crowley church this morning and saw a guy outside changing the sign -- can't wait to see what's up there next!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home