Monday, November 07, 2005

March 20, 1998 - Our first house

We had finally gone through the most ridiculous process I had ever seen. We bought a home. It wasn't far from where our rental was so our kids had the same elementary school. I think the best part was the pool. Of course it was a luxury for first time owners, but we loved it.

We had problems here too. This time it was ours, so they were our problems. One winter our Heating unit gave up for good. We didn't have enough saved to pay someone to replace it. So, I replaced it... mostly. I called someone to come finish it. My wife supported me through the process, even though I had no experience (and it remained very cold in the house).

Jennifer had gotten sick again and another surgery. She was told that if we wanted any more kids we'd better get it done. It took a while, but we did ( :-) ). We had our daughter. We were very happy. Our family was now complete.

She came up with the idea to start a pre-school at our Church. She built up a plan and submitted it to our elders who approved it and she started the school a few (hectic) months later. In all of this time she had remained the anchor of our family. Our love for one another had never diminished into that routine-ness we always hear about.

It was in this house that we finally learned that LM had won the contract. This meant that LM could be the company I work for until I retire. A year later we searched for what could be our dream house. She knew I wanted a little more land and a place where our boys could have their own rooms. She was excited thinking about a place were our kids could grow up and even come back to visit once they moved out.

I love my wife!