Thursday, December 08, 2005

Holiday Food

One of the best things about the holiday's is food. My beautiful wife always believe she won't make much, but folds when the kids and I hound her to death. This morning I made a special trip before work to pick up baking soda. She started making cookies last night, but was missing baking soda. Today she can bake the cold day away. She will make chocolate cookies (sorry Dad) and snickerdoodles at a minumum. We usually have chocolate dipped pretzels. On good years we will also have sugar cookies with icing on top. I love them all.

What is you favorite holiday treat? Maybe we can talk Jen into making some...

5 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Joanie said...

how 'bout some of those cookies with the hershey kiss in the middle of them? hmmmmmmm

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger SubBlogger said...

Jen - how do you make the pretzels dipped in chocolate?
M.C.

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We like "puppy chow" at our house this time of year -- chocolate and peanut butter on Rice Chex dusted with powdered sugar. (Chex calls it Muddy Buddies, but it looks like Puppy Chow!) It's another one of those treats that you COULD make year round, but never do. I discovered Jif peanut butter last year in foil wrapped sticks with measurements on the side -- like butter. It makes it SO much easier to measure and clean up, I highly recommend it for cooking with PB.

As long as you're dipping things in chocolate and almond bark......I had a wonderful treat once that was made of "buttery crackers" sandwiched together with PB in the middle coated with either white chocolate or almond bark. Please call me when you get these made and I'll be right over!

Alice

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger karen b said...

my favorite is fudge (the kind made with marshmallow cream) with no nuts.
this post has made me extremely hungry.
think i need to go make some fudge.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Joanie said...

Isn't it nice that Nairb's blog has become a recipe blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home