Friday, July 01, 2005

July 4th

I have always loved the fourth of July. I like blowing stuff up. We used to blow up cans when I was young. How many firecrackerswill blow a can how high kinda stuff. One year my cousin and I had a firecracker fight. We'd light and throw them at each others feet. This was great fun until just like I did at VBS with the 'plague of basket' I got too excited and forgot to throw my lit firework. That really hurt.

Since we moved to our new house outside of city limits, we have had a 'last minute' fourth of July party at our house. This is great fun. Last year a couple of people hit the fireworks warehouse last minute before heading out here. We shot stuff for hours, including the big stuff. I love having peoplle out on the fourth. We have a great view of at least three major shows from the top of our hill. This does not include the battlefield that is Mayfair and beyond.

Today I took the kids the shop for fireworks. We have a ton of stuff. This is the most I have ever spent at one time on fireworks. I teased Jen that I was going to buy the $500 package. It includes one of everything, one case that is. I did not buy that one. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home