Friday, June 10, 2005

A Great Day

A while back my folks asked to have the kids for a week this summer. This IS that week. I took them up this morning. Last minute I decided it would be really cool to run around with my Dad. I met them at 10 am, when we ate McDonald's and handed the kids off to their grandma.

I immediately took dad to a little dive burger joint. Jen and I used to eat their all of the time. I believe Cole's body was actually partially made of these delicious burgers. ( We ate a lot of them when Jen was prego with him). I asked the waitress for two burgers and root beer for each of us (they make their own AND its good). So my over-bearing voice foiled me again. The waitress brought us back two burgers EACH. Although we had just eaten breakfast (30 minutes earlier), we dug in. We joked about it the whole time. I told him it was ok, but we couldn't have pie because we needed to have popcorn at the movies.

We then went to see Star Wars EP III. We did have popcorn(medium) and a drink (medium). We had some great conversation and laughed our butts off. I love my dad.

1 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

That's really awesome Brian, it sounds like you have a really great relationship with your dad. Man, I bet y'all just love having the house to yourself!

Brian, thanks for all your hard work for the show! You've always been so dedicated to all your jobs for the church.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home