Thursday, June 02, 2005

Signing Formal Certificates

My wife post today about hand written letters got me thinking of an annoyance that rears its ugly each time I receive some kind of Cetificate/ Diploma/ Formal Recognition/ Congressional Medal of Honor (haven't actually receieved one of these and would prefer not to.. you mostly have to die in some heroic way. I prefer to die OLD). So here's my beef. I worked as a printer for eleven years. During that time I printed a lot of signatures. I hated that. I hate getting correspondance with a printed signature. If the document is important enough to warrant a signature, sign it. DO NOT sign your name on a template and have tha mass produced.

I will note that when I graduated college and did not ask the Dean to put his actual John Hancock on it. I was happy to be done and ready to leave. This is just an anoyance of mine. I think my wife is happy the annoyance has lessened to just picking on signatures. I used to evaluate the paper quality it was printed on as well (linen or cotton, what weight? brghtness, appropriatness to message, waste of others money)


-----------------------
- -
- A GOOD DEED IS -
- A GOOD HABIT -
- -
-----------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home