Monday, January 30, 2006

CPC Technology Dissappointment

One of the workshops I attended at CPC was about new 'stuff'. (Technology for use by Children's ministers.) I am very geeky myself but am always open to new ideas, so I went. I fully expected to hear about things I already knew. Needless to say I was very disappointed. The guy giving the talk came un-prepared, spent part of class setting up equipment and only proposed equipment and software that is well beyond what most Children's Ministries have budget for ($900 rack-mountable DVD player). Note for presenters: When you plan to rely on using a projector, don't rely on everyone having a smooth white wall to project onto. (The walls were tan and textured. He ended up projecting on a side wall that was tan, but smooth) Take a screen or ensure one will be available.

Instead of just throwing out negativism on the subject, I put together a new blog for 'on the cheap' tech stuff for use in Children's Ministry. Want to se a topic, just let me know. Want to co-write this deal let me know. I will set us up.

4 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Jennifer Schroeder said...

very cool!

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So who do we need to talk to in order to suggest that YOU give that presentation next year?! I know you could have stepped up there while he was still untangling cords and left his presentation in the dust with what you carry around in your head!

Alice

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

the guy was probably just too weak and tired from lack of pepperoni and sausage.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger karen b said...

i officially crown you king of all geek-boys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home