Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Ship Residents Sue?

A news story yesterday told how residents aboard one of the Katrina ships were suing the government to stay on-board the ship since FEMA hasn't provided them alternative housing yet. Are you kidding me? Six months isn't enough? I can see a few months to see how the water would recede and find out if their home we habitable or not. It has been six months.

I can understand that losing everything is a horrible thing. At some point you need to pick yourself up and move on. Get off the government dole. Even though FEMA didn't put its best foot forward from the beginning, thousands of other groups did. My Church took up a healthy collection and provided meals for the first few months afterward for those who made it to North Texas.

The question to be asked is "How long is fair?" If not six months, is a year long enough? Should we see some of those people into retirement? Don't forget there will be another hurricane season coming. I hope we can provide 'Emergency Needs' for the people affected by the coming hurricanes.

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Mont Del Test said...

I know it... I just don't see sitting around demanding to know what the government is going to do for me... even on day one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home